Director of eship marketing & Media
About Forward Cities
Forward Cities is a national nonprofit equipping communities and regions to grow and sustain more equitable entrepreneurial ecosystems.
About ESHIP Communities
Building upon the ESHIP Communities Principles and learnings from the ESHIP Summit, the purpose of the ESHIP Communities program is to create and validate new ecosystem building methods and measurement tools that can strengthen communities by increasing the efficacy of community leaders aiming to fortify their local entrepreneurial ecosystem. The primary goal of the program is to create and validate a repeatable, bottom-up approach for building and strengthening entrepreneurial ecosystems to foster more entrepreneurial starts and successes in more places, with a particular emphasis on eliminating barriers for populations most often disconnected from entrepreneurial opportunity.
Description of Role
The Director of ESHIP Marketing & Media will report directly to the President and work closely with the Director of ESHIP and the Sr. Director of Marketing & Operations to manage and implement the ESHIP Communities marketing strategy, content, and media deliverables. Direct reports include the ESHIP Communications manager and occasional contractors.
- Leading the creation, implementation, and measurement of marketing, communications, storytelling, and public relations strategy in alignment with the ESHIP Communities grant milestones, outputs, and outcomes.
- Managing the ESHIP Marketing team (currently two) and representing related priorities with the broader ESHIP team.
- Providing editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all ESHIP Communications publications including a monthly newsletter and a community engagement platform.
- Providing editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all ESHIP Communications the ESHIP Communities section on the Forward Cities website, in coordination and alignment with the Marketing & Communications department.
- Developing and producing digital media assets including print publications and social media graphics.
- Producing video assets as needed – including pre-production, principal photography, and digital editing.
- Overseeing the ESHIP Communications Manager’s efforts related to internal and external communications for all ESHIP Communities storytelling activities and materials (e.g publications, media relations, social media, etc.);
- Overseeing the ESHIP Communications Manager’s efforts related to advancing community-driven storytelling efforts across our network of partner cities;
- Serving as the primary liaison with the Kauffman Foundation Public Affairs department
- Coordinating and reporting on web and social media analytics
- Coordinating efforts with the ESHIP research and evaluation team
- Working with the Sr. Director of Marketing & Operations to coordinate and align marketing efforts with the Forward Cities national strategy
- Serving as a active part of the Forward Cities storytelling team
- Recruiting and managing any needed external contractors
- Stewarding the creative direction of the ESHIP Communities brand and brand position to all constituencies both internal and external.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrated commitment to the mission and work of Forward Cities and ESHIP Communities
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience with nationally scaled organizations;
- Strong graphic design, video, and social media production experience
- Firm grasp of emerging digital tools and understanding of digital analytics;
- Start-up experience as part of an entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial team;
- Experience building and managing teams;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; and
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
The role will report to the President and be a part of the ESHIP Communities grant team. This position is temporarily remote. We prefer that the candidate lives in Raleigh/Durham, NC or Kansas City, KS/MO.
Salary Range: $65,000 – $70,000 depending on experience – includes full benefits.
Please apply here.
Forward Cities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.