The E3 Solutions Manager will serve as the lead project manager for Forward Cities existing and emerging equitable entrepreneurial ecosystem programs. The role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and tracking of designated Forward Cities program engagements, as well as coordinating support for Forward Cities’ Durham-based office and related events.
The E3 Solutions Program Manager reports directly to the Sr. Director of E3 Solutions and works closely with the Director of Entrepreneur Engagement and Sr. Director of Impact & Assessment. The position has the potential to expand to a full-time role.
Functions and Responsibilities
Program Management & Meetings
- Serving as the lead project manager for designated Forward Cities capacity-building programs and initiatives;
- Coordinating cross-departmental inputs, utilizing designated systems and platforms;
- Maintaining, tracking, and updating the engagement calendar, action plans, and project management boards for the project;
- Ensuring program milestones and tasks are on schedule, in line with prescribed timelines;
- Developing agendas for and leading team meetings; maintain notes and providing weekly status updates, utilizing designated systems and platforms;
- Supporting the Durham-based team in maintaining an organized, orderly and efficient office environment;
- Serving as the liaison between Forward Cities and our coworking space management team related to program-related needs and logistics.
Engagement & Events
- Producing and curating content for events and gatherings (including monthly Durham-based event);
- Coordinating and overseeing activities and team roles for events and gatherings including setup, registration, in-event flow, and clean-up.
- Tracking and reporting on attendance for events
- Providing back-up support for remote resource navigation services and tracking, as needed, to support the Director of Entrepreneur Engagement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of operational experience in program and project management for corporations and/or non-profits
- Existing relationships and trust within the Durham community among predominantly Black, Hispanic, indigenous, and/or immigrant business communities
- Demonstrated experience in entrepreneurial support, education and/or ecosystem building
- Strong skills in using and customizing digital project management platforms
- A strong and confident presence and aptitude for meeting/planning and facilitation
- A demonstrated commitment to the mission and work of Forward Cities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Spanish-speaking a plus
Work Location & Expectations
This position is located in downtown Durham, NC and is an in-office role with some flexibility of scheduling Mon-Fri between the hours of 9am - 5pm. Required: first Wednesday of every month from 12:30pm - 8:30pm to support a monthly program event and alternating Fridays from 10am - 12pm for a recurring meeting.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this 24-hour per week position is $42,000 - includes part-time holiday pay, professional development opportunities, and a telecommunications stipend.
This position will report primarily to the Sr. Director of E3 Solutions.
Forward Cities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.