The Forward Cities Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for helping the organization maintain robust digital storytelling platforms that feature and celebrate our organization’s mission, brand, and community impact.
Areas of Responsibility
- Create graphic design collateral for print and digital media and to support partner outreach and fund development
- Research, draft, and design stories and publications as needed (including an annual report)
- Design graphics for social media and our website to support and promote our mission, activities, and events
- Fulfill graphic design requests from Forward Cities team members, delivering quality results by the requested deadline
Marketing & Communications
- Work closely with the Senior Manager to implement a digital content marketing strategy that aligns with the organization’s established goals and strategies
- Manage the organization’s overall social media presence by posting valuable, shareable content regularly, ensuring Forward Cities is positioned as field leader online with key audiences and stakeholders
- Create and distribute Forward Cities E-Newsletter, ensuring uniformity and accuracy of content and messaging and compliance with all anti-spam laws
- Keep distribution and audience lists, tags, segments, and groups accurate and up-to-date
- Create and maintain a multimedia library for the organization that houses all assets including photos, videos, and graphics, and ensure each asset is properly tagged, searchable, and organized for ease of use internally
- Support storytelling efforts for community engagement projects
- Track, compile, and create monthly metrics reports using e-newsletter, website, and social media analytics
- Identify and resolve any problems that may arise with newsletter distribution, website functionality, or social media channel channels
- Research industry best practices for social media to identify ways to reach and connect with our predefined target audiences
- Ensure that all web and social media content adheres Forward Cities brand identity and standards
- Track and fulfill organization-wide requests for web content (e.g. edits to existing pages, build Stories, etc) via our internal intake process
- Repurpose content from programming, events, and relevant sources for different mediums including social media
Event Promotion & Support
- Support, coordinate and promote events and the annual conference
- Promote webinars and other convenings and events on all digital channels including post-event follow up communication
- Provide onsite support and coordinate with vendors, guests, and speakers to ensure smooth and successful events and guest/speaker promotion
- Coordinate all content (including multimedia) in the lead up to, during, and after events
Successful candidates will be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Suite. Other systems we use (and for which some familiarity would be beneficial) include: monday.com (project management), Slack, Zoom, and Box.com.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is $50,000 in addition to benefits including health insurance, 403b Plan matching, unlimited paid time off, paid holidays, and flexible/remote work culture.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications and preferred location is in Durham, NC.