Prior to forming a local innovation council, communities are encouraged to achieve the following milestones. Order of milestones will vary by community.
- Consider funding sources and budget (e.g., staffing costs if not provided in-kind, meeting space, meals, materials, mileage reimbursement, etc);
- Establish MOUs or less formal agreements, especially for in-kind staffing, as appropriate;
- Identify/hire Inclusive Innovation Fellow;
- Identify individuals to develop innovation council member recruitment materials; Individuals may eventually serve on marketing/communications committee;
- Recruit co-chairs and executive committee members;
- Review and complete Diversity/Inclusion Matrix; and
- Use influence of staff and innovation council leadership to recruit innovation council members.
Once the initial Innovation Council is established, the following meeting timeline may apply (Note: assumes meetings of 2-3 hours, spaced 2-4 weeks apart. While the timeline can be condensed with longer meetings, keep in mind the attention span of participants).
[table id=6 /]