The E3 Durham engagement is a two year SBA grant funded program designed to help underserved and under-connected entrepreneurs in the region to equitably start, grow, and scale businesses. In order to effectively reach all entrepreneurs in the service region, a Hispanic outreach contractor is being sought out for translation and interpretation services.
The following serves as a list of the specific responsibilities that will be undertaken by the contractor during this 21-month contract period. Total time is not to exceed approximately 16 hours per month of services.
- Translation services for outreach materials being created by the Forward Cities Marketing & Communications team - up to 2 hours/month
- Outreach and promotion to potential Spanish speaking clients to engage them through promotion of the web-based intake form and/or recurring program convening - up to 5 hours/month
- Interpretation services for these clients as they receive counseling services - up to 5 hours/month
- Interpretation services for one program convening each month - 2 hours/month
- Coordination meetings with Forward Cities team - 2 hours/month
- Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish languages - verbal and written
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience providing translation services
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in business development, business coaching, and/or entrepreneurial support
- Must have be located in and/or familiar with the Durham community
Knowledge of and familiarity with the Durham small business community a plus
The contractor can either be an individual or an organization. If interested, please submit your qualifications, including name, contact information, examples of past work in this space, two references, a brief narrative, and cost of services in document form to Brett Brenton at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 11, 2022.
Forward Cities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.