The E3 Durham Communications Contractor will coordinate with the Forward Cities Development & Communications team to support storytelling and communications activities for the E3 Durham program. This contract position is for 40 hours per month. The contract period will begin in September 2022 and conclude in November 2023. Compensation is $1,800 per month. The successful candidate must be located in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina and have access to transportation.
This position will report to the Forward Cities Senior Director of Development & Communications.
Scope of Work
- Collect and edit photos, videos, and other multimedia content to support the storytelling strategies for E3 Durham.
- Draft and submit copy for social media, e-newsletters, blogs, LinkedIn articles, and other digital storytelling outlets
- Compile and produce short videos for E3 Durham social media channels
- Attend monthly Pull-Up at Provident events and capture photos and videos for promotional materials and digital storytelling
- Coordinate with the E3 Durham team, spoke organizations, and partners to identify success stories among entrepreneurs in the program and produce content to share their stories through E3 Durham and partner channels
- Log, label, and upload raw media to the Forward Cities internal drive according to policies and procedures
Desired skills, attributes, experience:
- Proficient with DSLR still photography and video production and post-production (including interviewing, editing, and preparing final content for digital distribution)
- Strong creative, non-traditional storytelling experience and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Durham small business ecosystem
- Skilled copywriter and editor for marketing content for social media
- Experience working work diverse sets of stakeholders
- Experience creating content for various audiences including aspiring and existing entrepreneurs
Forward Cities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.