Forward Cities is seeking applications for a temporary (six-month) full-time Research Assistant to join our team.
Forward Cities is a national leader in developing and applying research tools that support communities to better understand the inner workings of their entrepreneurial ecosystems. We’ve created a suite of assessment and evaluation tools that have been applied in communities around the country. Most notably, these research tools include the Entrepreneur Support Organization Survey, and the Survey of Entrepreneurs. Evidence gathered through the application of the tools has helped local stakeholders better understand entrepreneurship in their community, including to whom entrepreneurship is inaccessible and what actions need to be taken to enhance equity in entrepreneurial opportunities for underserved communities.
Start date: November 30, 2020
STATUS: Full-Time Temporary
This position is currently funded for 6 months with the potential for additional funding to extend the temporary position to 12 months.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Senior Research Staff
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Research Assistant will primarily support the research team in the deployment of our primary data collection tools, including both the Survey of Entrepreneurs and the Entrepreneur Support Organization Survey, and the production of data visualizations for all of our data sources. The position will also support the preparation of outgoing reports for various audiences including local project funders and key stakeholders, individual Entrepreneur Support Organizations, and public presentation of key indicators in data dashboards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- A strong understanding of systemic racism and inequities in the United States
- A demonstrated commitment to the mission and work of Forward Cities
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn
- Ability to communicate data to internal and public audiences
- Proficient in Google Suite, specifically Google Docs and Sheets
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 2 years of experience OR Master’s degree in related field
- Comfortable learning new technology/software for data analysis and visualization
- Preferred qualifications: research experience, experience with survey administration and management, software: Tableau, Qualtrics
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Ability to work independently in a remote work environment
ABOUT FORWARD CITIES
Forward Cities is a national nonprofit equipping communities and regions to grow and sustain more equitable entrepreneurial ecosystems.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application, including a cover letter and resume/CV, to the Director of Research and Evaluation, Dr. Stacey Williams using the form linked below.
Please submit your application by November 10th. The application portal may remain open if we are still taking applications after that time.