The Research Manager will support the Senior Director of Ecosystem Impact with the delivery of the research engagements across the country. The position will be responsible for conducting the analysis for our primary data collection tools. In addition to the existing research tools, the Research Manager will also lead the development of new, project specific data collection tools for research and evaluation needs. For designated projects, the Research Manager will serve as the primary representative of the Impact and Assessment team with the responsibility to identify agenda items and share updates with the project team during the weekly/biweekly meetings, and document decisions and next steps on the research and evaluation tasks. The position will also coordinate report preparation for various audiences including local project funders and key stakeholders, individual Entrepreneur Support Organizations, and public presentation of key indicators via data dashboards and oral presentations.
He/she will report directly to the Senior Director of Impact and Assessment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of systemic racism and inequities in the U.S., and commitment to equity
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the historical and systemic realities that have led to the disenfranchisement and underinvestment of Black owned businesses/districts
- Ability to clearly communicate data to internal and public audiences using technical and non-technical language in both oral and written format
- Quantitative data analysis skills including survey design, creating do files for coding, and determining the correct statistical analysis
- Qualitative data analytic skills including identification of key themes through content analysis
- Strong capacity to work independently
- Experience supervising the work of others on specific tasks and demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient in Google Suite, specifically Google Docs and Sheets and MS Office
- Comfortable learning new software for data analysis and visualization
- Master's degree in related field plus 4 years of full time research work experience or PhD with at least 2 years of full time research work experience
- Preferred qualifications: professional experience with study design, survey development, program evaluation design. Experience with: Stata, Tableau, Qualtrics software
Work Schedule & Location
Standard work hours are 9am - 5pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings required for events. This position requires at least two days per week in Forward Cities’ Durham office (specific days and start of new in-office schedule to be determined with manager). In addition, some travel may be required. The remainder of days may be worked outside of the office as long as work deliverables are completed on a timely and consistent basis and there is sustained and consistent availability and responsiveness on Forward Cities digital platforms.
Starting Salary Range and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $60,000 - includes full benefits (PTO, parental leave, subsidized group health plan/health insurance stipend, life insurance, telecommunication stipend, and 403(b) plan participation after 90 days with the organization.
The role will report primarily to the Senior Director of Impact and Assessment.
Forward Cities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.