The Operations Coordinator will support the executive team through the coordination of operations, HR, and office activities, through providing general executive support, and through acting as staff liaison for the Board of Directors. The nature of this position requires project management skills, confidentiality, commitment to supporting the individuals at Forward Cities and the team as a whole, and positive relationship management.
Functions and Responsibilities
Human Resources 35%
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, onboarding and offboarding processes for employees and contractors in coordination with individual managers and the VP of F&O
- Help create and manage professional development activities including the All Team meetings, manager training, and other types of training
- Help manage employee satisfaction, advancement, retention, and maintenance activities.
- Support the organization’s use of the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) and its implementation and function, including supporting Level 10 meetings and encouraging adoption of EOS tools and processes.
- Act as the Durham office manager through coordinating with the coworking space and creating a well-functioning office environment.
- Manage staff interaction with and needs for operational platforms including productivity, project management, meeting management, and communications.
- Coordinate communications through all-team channels including Slack, intranets, calendars and email.
- Proactively identifying problems and points of friction and help find solutions to maximize efficiency and increase employee satisfaction with operational processes.
- Coordinate staff travel when required.
- Supporting large event management related to the organization’s activities.
Executive and Board Support 25%
- Assist the CEO/President with the maintenance of her calendar and work schedule.
- Monitor the CEO/President’s email for pressing commitments or communications and clean out promotional and update emails on a regular basis.
- Meet with the CEO/President weekly to establish weekly priorities and coordinate any support activities for the week.
Staff Liaison - Board of Directors 10%
- Assist the Board of Directors with their annual calendar, meeting setup and coordination
- Assist the CEO/President and the Vice President in their responsibilities surrounding the Board of Directors and Board committees.
- Responsible for Board recordkeeping, minutes, and any other project management or needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of administrative experience;
- Project management skills and familiarity with productivity platforms;
- HR support and administration experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and work of Forward Cities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
Work Location & Expectations
This position will be based in our Durham, NC office. We will require 3 days of work in the office per week.
The position will report to the Vice President of Finance & Operations and will also coordinate with the CEO and President for executive assistance and support of the Board of Directors.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,000 - includes full benefits (PTO, parental leave, subsidized group health plan/health insurance stipend, life insurance, telecommunication stipend, and 403(b) plan participation after 90 days with the organization).
Forward Cities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.